Pipe Along Path Tutorial
This Pipe Along Path Tutorial will help you use pipealongpath.rb, which is a Ruby script which traces a tube or pipe along a path of edges and/or curves.
- Download pipealongpath.rb from Didier Bur's Ruby Script Library.
- Save it under the Plugins folder under your SketchUp installation directory.
- Restart Sketchup.
- It will appear under the "Plugins" menu as "Pipe Along Path."
- Draw any connected lines, curves etc.
- Select them all. (Triple Click on any part of the path.)
- Select "Pipe Along Path" from the "Plugins" menu.
- Fill in the blanks and click "OK".
Tips and Tricks
- Set the inside diameter to 0 to create a solid pipe.
- The inside and outside diameters cannot be the same - the pipe must have thickness.